What is "Love" and "In Love?"


The last post...9/12/2020

Growing up in a single-parent home was probably harder on my mother than on me. A child growing up and never hearing the words of "I love you" is an empty echo of words when you hear it as an adult. Love was always shown through action. The words were never as strong as the action that a person can portray. As an adult, the same methods and practices that I grew up on were mirrored and reflected on my own children. These words "I love you" were just words.

There are words like "I'm in love". What does that mean? Is it possible that you can love someone but not be "in" love with that person? Can it be just a fraction of the different types of emotions that people feel? Like, sad, frustrated, happy, excited... Is love just an emotion that is easily said and difficult to express?


I often wonder what is being "in love" mean. How does it feel to be in love with something or someone? Or is it the kind of love shared with many through the words of the bible? How do we describe and portray love?


Is it really necessary to say "I love you" or is it possible that showing what you love through actions?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Millenials

Making it Online? Don't believe the Hype!!!

A Half Caste (Samoan and African American) Blogger